Red House in 1957 - Picture 003
The Great Treehouse in Adam
Adam and Eve, the old oaks next to the stables building, have provided generations of Red House pupils and younger residents with countless adventures and challenges. For many years Adam had this tree house built in its branches. Access was achieved by either scaling the steel ladder steps that were fixed into the east side of the trunk or by climbing up through the hollow trunk and exiting one of the old branch holes. The house was certainly there in the late 1970's when the roof had been converted into another level for sitting on and was probably removed when many of Adam's upper branches were reduced as they died back in the 1980's.
Photo donated by John Drinkall (Old Cavalier 1954-8)