Web Site Cover Picture 343
24th January 2011
The Bones of Slingsby's Horse
He did win the Plate on Achomb Moor in 1633, the King being present.
For nearly 3 centuries the horses remains lay there. Then a group of "archaeologists" from the preparatory school at Red House dug up the bones and moved the statue and tablets to the area in front of the chapel door, where they remain to this day. All that is left of the bones is kept wrapped in a cloth in the old armoury cupboard in the Main Building
|Previous /||Thumbnail Group||/ Next|