Web Site Cover Picture 246
3rd March 2009
Detail from the East Window of the Chapel
This panel shows the shield of the builder of Red House chapel, Sir Henry Slingsby (1560-1634), who had the building constructed in the early 17th century. It is located in the centre of window and is surrounded by other crests and coats of arms. In 1869 the glass was extensively renovated to commemorate the life of Sir Charles Slingsby, who died in a hunting accident in February of that year, and many panes were moved from the main house and other windows in the chapel to form the present day window.