Web Site Cover Picture 211

23rd June 2008

coverpic211.jpg - 42Kb

Four of the Apostles
These fragmentary sections from the top lights of the east window of Red House Chapel probably come from the original stained glass that decorated the window when it was built in the early seventeenth century. They were made by Richard Butler of Chancery Lane before 1622 and cost 3 pounds and 12 shillings.

Previous / Thumbnail Group / Next